When: Various dates and times (see below)
Where: Live Stream
Each individual has the right to participate in the conduct of public affairs, including through free and fair elections by universal and equal suffrage. Moreover, elections are an essential means through which we can support representatives who are committed to defending and promoting laws and policies that are respectful of human rights. This series from the Institute for the Study of Human Rights at Columbia University addresses both research and advocacy as it explores various ways in which elections can be a powerful tool for change and tactics for addressing efforts to restrict and manipulate electoral processes.
There will be five events in the series:
- Youth Engagement and Influence – September 21st at 12:10 – 1:30pm EST
- Ensuring an Equal Right to Vote – September 30th at 12:10 – 1:30pm EST
- Voting Rights and Incarceration – October 6th at 12:10 – 1:30pm EST
- Indigenous Rights and Elections – October 14th at 12:10 – 1:30pm EST
- Human Rights Classrooms and Elections: Teaching the Day After – October 16 at 1:00-2:00 EST
Click on each event to register and receive login information.