Who makes up HRE USA?
HRE USA is a coalition of hundreds of members across the country, and we continue to grow daily. We are academics, activists, parents, educators, students, unions, policy makers, social scientists, software engineers, professors, artists, and non-profit organizations united with a common mission: promoting human dignity, justice, and peace by cultivating an expansive, vibrant base of support for human rights education (HRE) within the United States.
As a member of HRE USA, you will become part of a growing human rights education movement in the USA and be able to:
- Receive and share information about upcoming events, developments in the field, education resources, advocacy and employment opportunities through our monthly newsletter
- Connect with HRE USA members around the country through our website, LinkedIn group, and HRE USA Discussion Forum
- Meet and network with other HRE USA members at the annual Edward O’Brien Award Reception
- Access human rights education resources online, including curriculum materials and lesson plans, books, videos, background information, and take action resources
- Receive support for human rights education initiatives in your schools, university, and community
- Influence HRE USA’s policy, advocacy, outreach and development activities by participating in national HRE USA committees
- Establish working groups based on your human rights education interests and goals
- Participate in the election of steering committee members and potentially be nominated to serve on the steering committee
Ways to Support
Although HRE USA does not charge membership fees, we rely on the generous financial support of individuals and organizations and the the in-kind donation of time and energy given by our dedicated members to continue our work.
>> Donate online
Your tax-deductible donation of any size will help us to advocate for and further develop programming that supports human rights education across the United States.
>> Join a Committee
Members can easily become part of the growing Human Rights Education movement in the USA by joining one of HRE USA’s organizing committees.
>> Join a Local Chapter
HRE USA’s regional representatives coordinate chapters in their areas. Contact the representative nearest you to get involved locally.