Planning to Change the World is a plan book for educators who believe their students can, will, and do change the world. It is designed to help teachers translate their vision of a just education into concrete classroom activities.
The newest edition has all the things you would expect in a lesson plan book, plus:
- Weekly planning pages packed with important social justice birthdays and historical events
- References to online lesson plans and resources related to those dates
- Tips from social justice teachers across the country
- Inspirational quotes to share with students
- Thought-provoking essential questions to spark classroom discussions on critical issues
- Reproducible social justice awards for students
Planning to Change the World is created by the Education for Liberation Network with the support of Rethinking Schools. Proceeds from the sale of the plan book support the work of these two organizations.