And Tango Makes Three
When male penguins Silo and Roy attempt to hatch an egg-shaped rock and find no success in their efforts, the zookeepers decide to place a fertilized penguin egg in their cage and end up with little baby Tango, in an amusing tale based on a true story from the Central Park Zoo.
- Authors: Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster, 2005
- Grade Level: Elementary
Boy v. Girl? How Gender Shapes Who We Are, What We Want, And How We Get Along
Examines the gender stereotypes and expectations that kids experience in their everyday lives.. The results of a nationwide survey of nearly 2,000 teens reveal what gender means in kids’ everyday lives. Activities and journaling exercises encourage readers to decide what matters to them.
- Authors: G. Abrahams and S. Ahlbrand.
- Source: Free Spirit Publishing, 2003
- Grade Level: middle – high school