Amplify Your Practice for People and the Planet (YOU)
Join Sandy Sohcot and Ellen Sebastian Change of The World As It Could Be Human Rights Education Program to amplify the impact of your environmental education practice.
In this workshop, you’ll consider your educational objectives and the impact your programs have on people and the planet. You will engage in conversation about the fundamental purpose of environmental education and reflect on how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights connects with your practice and environmental education overall.
This 6-session workshop over a 14-week period invites you to clarify your educational objectives, work on your challenges, and collaborate with peers.
You will design and develop action plans to move your practice forward. Participants will work in a safe and private environment as each develops and tests their action plans.
- Thursday, January 19, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 1: Environmental Education & The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Thursday, January 26, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 2: Your Practice and the UDHR
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 3: Your Educational Objectives and Constituents
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 4: Achieving Your Objectives – Strengths & Challenges
- Thursday, February 16, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 5: Strategies, Actions & Collaborative Connections
- February 17 – April 12, 2023
- Project Plan Development and Implementation
- Thursday, April 13, 2023 (10:00 – 11:30 AM, Pacific)
- Session 6: Your Project Two Months Later
- April 14 – 21, 2023
- Wrap Up