The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) seeks a full-time Chapter Development Associate for the GLI program based in the Los Angeles office. The Chapter Development Associate will guide the development and progress of more than 215 middle and high school-based Chapters in six regional areas, across 28 U.S. states and 13 countries.
GLI educates and energizes middle and high school students to boldly take action for human rights, gender equity and access to education. Together with student leaders, including the Student Advisory Board, GLI is building a movement of informed advocates and a new generation of leaders and activists for social change. The GLI program provides a student club framework and educational materials for students to learn about human rights, with a focus on the obstacles that girls and gender expansive youth face in realizing their full rights, both in the U.S. and globally. GLI teaches leadership skills, and provides opportunities for students to connect with a network of student advocates and leaders locally, nationally and globally. Learn more: www.girlslearn.org.
Main Responsibilities – The majority of the Chapter Development Associate’s time will be spent providing support and direction to GLI high school and middle school Chapters in GLI’s six regional areas. These responsibilities include:
- Together with the Program Director, plan, conduct and recruit attendees for GLI’s Fall and Spring Trainings.
- Facilitate Regional Meetings and manage the Student Advisory Board Officer Meetings for each regional area.
- Set the agenda for Regional Meetings, held regularly during the school year.
- Recruit guest speakers for the Regional Meetings on relevant & timely topics.
- Send reminders for meetings and follow-up to ensure good attendance.
- Hold Student Advisory Board elections and build the leadership capacity of the student board officers. Work with members to plan 1-2 Student Advisory Board events or campaigns for the year (these are student run, with support/facilitation provided by Chapter Development Associate).
- Maintain contact records on EveryAction CRM with relevant information for all Chapter contacts, including student leaders, faculty advisors, and parents.
- Maintain Chapter Status files to track all activities for each Chapter.
- Communicate with the Chapter student leaders and/or faculty advisor at least once a month (at Regional Meetings or otherwise), and provide support/problem solving to keep Chapter on track.
- Write and send the monthly email newsletter to all GLI students and faculty advisors.
- Process new applications and manage the onboarding process for each new Chapter.
- Manage GLI’s social media presence (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn).
- Create graphics on programs like Canva for social media, newsletters, and GLI website.
- Recruit and train a team of student writers to be contributors to GLI’s blog The Feminist Focus, edit and publish blog posts.
- Work with the Program Director on the yearly evaluation and revision of GLI program materials including the online Guidebook.
- Work with the Program Director and the GLI at the UN Consultant to support the GLI delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
- Work with the Program Director to support student participants in GLI’s Summer Activist Training Camp.
- Interact and collaborate with the Feminist Campus program and other Feminist Majority Foundation programs.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours (to accommodate for student schedules/ organization wide events).
- Ability to travel occasionally within the US.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience working on feminist and human rights issues.
- Experience and/or interest in working with young people.
- Project management experience using Asana or similar program a plus.
- Proficiency in CRMs/email management technology a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 annually commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include generous health and dental plans, two weeks of paid vacation plus paid time off between December 24th and January 1st of each year.
How to Apply
Please email a pdf cover letter, resume, and writing sample with Chapter Development Associate in the subject line to Ashley Steimer-King, email@example.com no later than October 2, 2022. No phone calls please. We will contact candidates that we would like to interview.