Education Denied: Costs and Remedies
“This book is a must read for anyone interested in education, in how and why so many children are excluded from education, and in what needs to be done to change that.” – Professor Steven Klees, Director, International Education Policy Program, Department of Education Policy and Leadership, University of Maryland.
- Author: Katarina Tomasevski
- Source: Zed Books, Ltd.
- Grade Level: adult, educators, academics, human rights advocates
Getting to Bartlett Street: Our 25-Year Quest to Level the Playing Field in Education
The authors have spent three decades and a personal fortune to help underprivileged children access the same kind of high quality education that wealthier Americans enjoy. Since the Reiches began their work, the charter movement has spread across the country. Many of their innovations in their groundbreaking work influenced charter school legislation in NY State and throughout the country.
- Authors: Joe and Carol Reich
- Publisher: February Books
- Grade Level: adult, educators
Safe Schools: Every Girl’s Right
A report on the global experience of violence against girls, especially at school.
- Source: Amnesty International Secretariat
- Grade Level: high school – adult
- Subject Area: social studies, women’s studies