HRE USA is currently inviting applications for its Summer Internship.
Position Type: Internship
Job Location: Remote/Virtual
Posting Period: May 2018 – Open until filled
Salary: Unpaid, possible course credit
This volunteer internship supports HRE USA’s strategic objective to build a culture of human rights by providing an innovative forum for HRE practitioners and supporters to learn, network, and exchange professional expertise and better serve our growing HRE community. HRE USA welcomes undergraduate/graduate students to assist with research and writing, resource development, event planning, membership outreach, and social media communication. HRE USA will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Overview of Internship Position
- Conduct background research and compile resource information to share with membership on relevant events, news, and resources for the HRE USA membership
- Research, conduct interviews, and collect case studies on best practices in human rights education
- Assist with communications such as newsletters, blog posts, and project web pages.
- Assist with identifying and developing new community partnerships.
- Assist with all aspects of work at a small non-profit, including administrative tasks, event planning, outreach, etc
- Experience updating and maintaining websites.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Interest in and experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Interest in web and user experience
- Excellent organization and task management capability
- Ability to handle tasks with minimal supervision
- Clean communication and reliable follow-through on assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the field of human rights education strongly preferred.
The internship can range from six weeks to a full semester. The Summer 2018 volunteer internship position will begin in June and end in August. Between 15-30 hours per week are preferred, with flexibility. 10 hours per week minimum. Interns can also receive program or course credit for their experience. Assignments are based on departmental needs.
For further questions please contact Emily Farell.
Only completed applications will be considered.